Thursday, November 6, 2008

Black Unity, does it exist?


So, today I was in Walmart picking up some items and this random guy just comes up to me, shoves a magazine in my face. Barack and Michelle were in an embrace and he was kissing her cheek. He said, "This is the president" and we both smiled. It's like, Black people have been floating on Cloud nine since November 4th. Everyone's smiling at each other, nodding, giving each other that look like "you know whats up". LOL This guy at the post office yesterday did that to me. So I'm wondering is there such thing as Black Unity? Did it ever really exist? And will there be this renewed Black unity now that we have Barack in office? I guess only time will tell.

1 comment:

Zack Raspberry said...

Interesting post, Britney.

[I found your blog through our common interest: Public Relations.]

There has always been Black Unity, it's just that it has been questioned by the media. So let us ANSWER that question with our actions!

Much love!